Sunday, April 19, 2009

Last Easter Sunday we decided to do a passover dinner. We ate the bitter herbs, the parsley, and the charoset with matzo. We drank four cups of carbonated grape juice to commemorate:
  1. sanctification and freedom
  2. the deliverance
  3. the redemption
  4. thanksgiving and hope

We told the story of the passover and followed a script I found on the internet. The kids kept asking, "Why are we doing this?" After explaining several times that Jesus was a Jew and that he participated in the passover on the night of the last summer, I think (hope) they finally got it. There is so much symbolism for Christianity (although I know the Jews don't like it when we see the symbolism.)

3 comments:

Lindi said...

cool idea to have a passover meal! I am glad that you have updated your blog too!

The Erickson Family said...

Keep blogging! I love it. Thanks for the easter egg sets. We opened them on Easter, but like you only HOPE that my little kids got it.

Laura said...

That is a neat idea -- what a good cultural and symbolic thing to have on Easter.