Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Dude prepared a splendid meal with salmon, red fish, new potatoes, broccoli, salad (our neighbor brought over), and strawberry lemonade. We had the sister missionaries, Ming Fang, and our next door neighbor, Joyce (not a member but puts up with our mormonism). Joyce brought over a beautiful flower arrangement with bird of paradise that she grows in her back yard. I hope to get a start.
Kade gave me a card with a promise to help me one day in the garden. I said a day was 24 hours so I would keep track of the time. Kody gave me a card with a promise to finish the inside of it later. Kacie gave a talk in sacrament meeting and did a very good job especially since it was her first talk. She gave me a card with a promise to give me a 30 minute massage.
I got my usual Sunday afternoon nap. We watched "Return with Honor" which was rather depressing for the most part. I'm not sure I would recommend this one for your library. On Friday I saw "Facing the Giants" (a Baptist made movie) which is a good one to see, but not one for the library.
I end the day with a hopeful attitude. A few days ago I was ready to send my kids to an apartment to fend for themselves and allow them to come over for Sunday dinners only.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Sounds like you had a nice mother's day! The dinner sounds yummy -- Dude did a good job! And a 30 minute massage from Kacie?!? Does she know where I live? :)